Home / Blog
What Goes Into the Price of a Gallagher and Henry Home?
Gallagher and Henry offers a reputation for quality homebuilding in southern Chicagoland and beyond. Since 1954, there’s been one mission: to build the best homes in the best communities. As you’ll see, that mission and reputation are backed up by each detail of every Gallagher and Henry home. Everything you will read about below is standard.
Some features here might be offered as upgrades by other builders. One specific included feature – Anderson 400 Series Windows, simply stand out from the competition. It all adds up to a home that’s more than the sum of its parts.
A Place To Call Home
Gallagher and Henry offers many choices of floor plans, but the most exciting part is customizability available within each design. Plans are just a starting point. You can add/or remove a closet, change a dining room into an office, add a second ensuite in order to accommodate an aging parent or caregiver. Any number of unique customizations are available. All in all, it’s a far cry from the experience of tract built housing which offers a very limited number of options.
With semi-custom homes, you also receive a higher quality product — quality that extends from the foundation to the rafters. Here are some of the included construction features:
- Full basement in all two-story homes
- 10” thick foundation walls and footing for durability and stability
- 16-inch-spaced 2” x 8” roof rafters
- Celotex blown insulation
- Concrete driveway
People say it’s what’s inside that counts. In terms of your home, but appearances matter, too. Apart from the tasteful, custom designs, here are some standard exterior offerings from Gallagher and Henry:
- Three-car garage, insulated and drywalled
- Insulated Amarr garage overhead doors
- Garage service door
- Brick on all four sides of the first story
- Premium Anderson 400 Series wood windows
- Therma-Tru fiberglass exterior entry doors with Schlage hardware
- Aluminum fascia, soffits, gutters and downspouts
All the Necessities
What does it take to make a house a home? It’s different for everyone. Here are a few examples of elements that are included with a Gallagher and Henry home (and may be optional upgrades with others).
- Hardwood floors in Foyer, Kitchen, Dinette, Mudroom and Powder Room
- High-efficiency furnace and air conditioner
- 50-gallon power vent water heater and laundry tub
- Moen faucets
- Ceramic tile in shower and tub areas
- Granite countertops and quality wood cabinets
- Water line to the refrigerator
- Overhead lights in bedrooms
- Lighting above kitchen islands
- Premium homesites in established communities
Your home will be built from your choice of the best. The details may change over time, but you can rest assured that you are always choosing from the finest options available. That’s because you don’t just buy a house from Gallagher and Henry — you buy a home. Please contact a Gallagher and Henry sales professional today, to start exploring your options.